Discover the enchanting world of Shamama Attar, a fragrance woven with the magic of Kanauj. Embark on a sensory exploration through the meticulous crafting of this legendary attar, where tradition meets artistry in the heart of India’s perfume capital.To provide a structured and accurate description of the Shamama Attar fragrance production from Kanauj, Indian City, including quality, price, and fragrance determination, here’s a detailed process:
Shamama Attar Production Process:
- Selection of Ingredients: High-quality natural ingredients are chosen, including a variety of flowers, sandalwood (referred to as ‘sandal’ and ‘Kapus Kachii’), and herbs like balchad, sugandh u, mace, nutmeg, clove, black cardamom, and green leaves. The inclusion of saffron leaves is crucial, as it significantly influences the final quality of the fragrance.
- Hydro-Distillation: The selected flowers and herbs are hydro-distilled. This process involves simmering the botanicals in water, which allows the steam to capture the essential oils. The steam is then cooled to separate the oil, which forms the basis of the attar.
- Aging: The distilled essential oils are aged for several months or even years. Aging allows the fragrance to mature and develop a more potent and complex aroma.
- Blending: After aging, the oils are expertly blended. The ratio of sandalwood oil to the other botanicals is critical in determining the attar’s quality and price.
- Quality Determination: The quality of Shamama Attar is judged by its fragrance intensity, longevity, and how it evolves upon wearing. The richness and depth of scent from the sandal and saffron leaves are particularly valued.
- Pricing: The price is directly linked to the quality, which is a function of the ingredients’ rarity, the intricacy of the distillation process, the duration of aging, and the skill in blending.
- Packaging and Sale: Once the attar reaches the desired quality, it is packaged in airtight containers to preserve the fragrance and is then ready for sale.
Quality and Fragrance Determination:
- Fragrance Profile: Shamama Attar is known for its deep, woody base notes from sandalwood, enriched with the warmth of spices and the subtle undertones of flowers and green leaves.
- Quality Checks: The attar undergoes several quality checks, including olfactory evaluation by experts who assess the balance of notes and the attar’s evolution on the skin.
- Consumer Feedback: Regular feedback from consumers also helps in maintaining and improving the fragrance quality.
This process ensures that Shamama Attar produced in Kanauj remains a sought-after fragrance, known for its unique and luxurious scent, embodying the traditional art of Indian perfumery.